Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari

Hello, after the last update (15.2), I noticed on App Privacy Report that Safari is accessing my Contacts without allowing it or asking me if I want this. I mention that Auto Fill is disabled. Is this normal?

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 8:05 AM

Hello blunted66,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, after updating, you've noticed that the App Privacy report states that Safari is accessing your contacts without you allowing this to happen. We'd like to help1

"Some apps and websites can use your contacts to provide you with services and features. For example, an app might use your contacts to help you address emails or share messages with friends.

You can decide which apps are allowed to use your contact information.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click Privacy.
  2. Select Contacts.
  3. Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access your contacts.
  4. Deselect the checkbox to turn off access for that app.
  5. If you turn off access for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your information.

If you allow third-party apps or websites to use your contact information, any information they collect is governed by their terms and privacy policies. It’s recommended that you learn about the privacy practices of those parties.

For systems administrators who want information about deploying security settings, see the Deployment Reference for Mac."

Control access to your contacts on Mac

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 8:05 AM in response to blunted66

Hello blunted66,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, after updating, you've noticed that the App Privacy report states that Safari is accessing your contacts without you allowing this to happen. We'd like to help1

"Some apps and websites can use your contacts to provide you with services and features. For example, an app might use your contacts to help you address emails or share messages with friends.

You can decide which apps are allowed to use your contact information.

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy , then click Privacy.
  2. Select Contacts.
  3. Select the checkbox next to an app to allow it to access your contacts.
  4. Deselect the checkbox to turn off access for that app.
  5. If you turn off access for an app, you’re asked to turn it on again the next time that app tries to use your information.

If you allow third-party apps or websites to use your contact information, any information they collect is governed by their terms and privacy policies. It’s recommended that you learn about the privacy practices of those parties.

For systems administrators who want information about deploying security settings, see the Deployment Reference for Mac."

Control access to your contacts on Mac

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.