Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6s plus-Unable to activate after factory reset

I am in Nepal and there is no any official apple store here to physically visit. This particular iphone was bought in Dubai fully unlocked and paid for. Phone was working just fine until I started losing my cellular network now and then. I would simply take my sim out and put it back in and it would work. I tried to update it to the latest version, it stuck at the error message like it " couldn't connect to the internet" after the whole update was downloaded but not installed. I checked with my carrier and tried other sim card as well and confirmed its not them.

So I tried a factory reset after the back up in itunes and now I can't even setup the iphone. I get stuck at the message-"Unable to Activate". "An update is required to update your phone." I tried all the method including the recovery mode as well with same results.

Please help. I think calling apple is my last option.

Thank you

PS: I have my important files and google authenticator in my phone. The only option I have left is to get a new iphone and restore my backup data.

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 4:43 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 19, 2021 5:13 AM in response to gamerdai

If you are the owner or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password with you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their Apple ID.

Dec 19, 2021 5:53 AM in response to SravanKrA

Hi,

Thank you for the quick reply. I am the owner of the iphone and have Apple ID Login and Password. Been using it myself since I bought it. I am 100% sure its a fully unlocked phone(no jail break). I have the bills as well(bought from Axiom, UAE). My problem is with the cellular network update. My phone would simply say-"No Service". Like I said I tried recovery mode, sim in/out and all other available options I could do myself. I remember once my wifi was interrupted during installation if this information makes any sense. But the factory reset would have solved that. I don't know.

I have attached the screenshot here for you to understand my situation. For now I am stuck at -"Unable to activate" message.

For now, I can't even access my desktop viber(security feature) without scanning from my phone camera. And not having an access to google authenticator is worse. So you can imagine my situation. Thank you.

iphone 6s plus-Unable to activate after factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.