Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone battery indicator issue

My iphone SE(2nd gen) battery indicator is acting up. One minute says 86% , then after few mins became 70%. When i reboot it it says 85%. This happened after I installed ios 15. Does anyone have same issue?

iPhone SE

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:11 AM

The operating system (iOS) is unable to read the battery charge level consistently and accurately. This usually is the case when there is a failing battery involved. To check the status of the battery health of your iPhone, Open Settings  Battery  Battery Health and let us know which percentage you see for Maximum Capacity. Also note what is written under Peak Performance. If your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 9:11 AM in response to Mealo77

The operating system (iOS) is unable to read the battery charge level consistently and accurately. This usually is the case when there is a failing battery involved. To check the status of the battery health of your iPhone, Open Settings  Battery  Battery Health and let us know which percentage you see for Maximum Capacity. Also note what is written under Peak Performance. If your battery's Maximum Capacity shows a value of 80% or less, then it has gone through its lifecycle and therefore should be replaced, according to Apple.

Axel F.

Iphone battery indicator issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.