Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just upgraded to Mojave and now facebook can't see my Photos in Photos app.

I am trying to post photos to Facebook like I do every day. Just upgraded system to Mojave and now facebook can't see my photos.

When I try to add photos, I get this message:

"Open photos to see your photos in this list."

Photos is open. Everything is the same as it was, except.....

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 12:21 PM

That is the expected behaviour. The Mojave upgrade removed the direct integration of the accounts for Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo und Twitter into the system. You now have to use the Facebook webpage to upload photos to Facebooks. The social media platforms can provide sharing extensions, and if you install a a sharing extension you can call it from Photos or other applications.

See: Share photos using other apps and websites in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 12:21 PM in response to Marty Roberts

That is the expected behaviour. The Mojave upgrade removed the direct integration of the accounts for Facebook, Flickr, Vimeo und Twitter into the system. You now have to use the Facebook webpage to upload photos to Facebooks. The social media platforms can provide sharing extensions, and if you install a a sharing extension you can call it from Photos or other applications.

See: Share photos using other apps and websites in Photos on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Just upgraded to Mojave and now facebook can't see my Photos in Photos app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.