Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 12 battery health

Hello, my iphone 12 battery health is at 86% after 11 months of use. Is that normal? I notice that the battery is dying veryyyyyyyyyyy fast and its very frustrating.

a bit of background, i consider myself a pretty light user. I use 5g for about 1-1.5 hours 2-3 days a week and most of the time on my wifi. Thanks

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 4:58 PM

80% and up is good. Batteries are considered consumable, and can be replaced when the battery capacity drops below 80%. Battery health will decline, though how fast depends on the battery, its usage, and environmental exposure such as excess heat. The trend is not linear, either; it can be slower or faster, depending on various factors. When the battery drops below 80%, the battery can be replaced.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2021 4:58 PM in response to Ddddddddddddd123

80% and up is good. Batteries are considered consumable, and can be replaced when the battery capacity drops below 80%. Battery health will decline, though how fast depends on the battery, its usage, and environmental exposure such as excess heat. The trend is not linear, either; it can be slower or faster, depending on various factors. When the battery drops below 80%, the battery can be replaced.

Dec 19, 2021 5:01 PM in response to Ddddddddddddd123

a 1 - 2%/month decline in battery health is considered normal.

Make sure you are following the tips in this link to maximize battery health --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Also, in Settings > Battery > Battery Health - Make sure have Optimized Battery Charging turned on, then plug your phone in to charge when you go to bed at night and leave it plugged in all night, every night.

Final note: Do not let the battery ever fully discharge and avoid letting it dip to 20% or less.

IPHONE 12 battery health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.