Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep mode

For the past couple of nights, sleep mode on my apple watch has been playing up. Usually at 11.45 it’ll go into sleep mode along side my phone, i don’t get any notifications and my watch doesn’t light up unless I tap it. But for some reason, now when it goes into sleep mode, it will light up when ever I raise my arm, and it doesn’t have the usual sleep mode watch face on, just my normal watch face. The little sleep mode icon is present on the top of my screen, but other than that, it does everything as though it is ‘awake’Any idea how to fix this?

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 5:41 PM

Hi jodbag,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing some issues with the Sleep app on your Apple Watch, and we'd be happy to look into what's going on.

To get started, do you remember making any changes to your Apple Watch or iPhone before the issue started? For example, have you recently updated your iPhone or Apple Watch, or by chance have you changed any settings on either device?

If you go into the Settings app on your Apple Watch and tap Sleep, is "Sleep Screen" enabled here? If not, try turning this setting on and test the issue again.

For more details on changing the Sleep setting on your Apple Watch and iPhone, check out this link here: Track your sleep with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let us know if that's able to help.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 5:41 PM in response to jodbag

Hi jodbag,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're experiencing some issues with the Sleep app on your Apple Watch, and we'd be happy to look into what's going on.

To get started, do you remember making any changes to your Apple Watch or iPhone before the issue started? For example, have you recently updated your iPhone or Apple Watch, or by chance have you changed any settings on either device?

If you go into the Settings app on your Apple Watch and tap Sleep, is "Sleep Screen" enabled here? If not, try turning this setting on and test the issue again.

For more details on changing the Sleep setting on your Apple Watch and iPhone, check out this link here: Track your sleep with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Let us know if that's able to help.

Take care!

Sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.