Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music

My downloaded music on Apple Music keeps disappearing, if I download them again after a while they disappear again and it’s been a while since I updated to IOS 15 so that can’t be it I use a family plan and no one else has this issue I don’t know what to do I have tried everything and I’m thinking of leaving Apple Music to Spotify

iPhone XS Max, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 1:09 AM

Hi Fateex01!

I am sorry to hear about your issue.

It may be that your optimised storage is turned on, and that your IOS device automatically removes downloaded music when your device is low on storage.

In order to view if this setting is enabled. On your iPhone, go to Settings> Music> Optimised Storage. If the toggle switch is on, turn it off. Hopefully the issue is resolved.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 1:09 AM in response to Fateex01

Hi Fateex01!

I am sorry to hear about your issue.

It may be that your optimised storage is turned on, and that your IOS device automatically removes downloaded music when your device is low on storage.

In order to view if this setting is enabled. On your iPhone, go to Settings> Music> Optimised Storage. If the toggle switch is on, turn it off. Hopefully the issue is resolved.

Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.