Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System date takes too much storage

Hi,

i just received my new ip13 pro 512GB, and transferred all data from old ip11 256 GB to it. however, i check the data storage and found out with mire storage but i don’t have much storage over due to the system data takes 175GB. How is it possible for a newly received ip13 pro? Is there anyway i can reduce that?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 12:58 AM

1 reply

Dec 21, 2021 9:30 AM in response to TanNguyenVn

Hello TanNguyenVn,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with the storage used by System on your iPhone. Congratulations on your new iPhone! To start, check out the information here about the storage in your iPhone, the different categories, and what they mean: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

"System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model."

If you haven't already, you might try updating your device to iOS 15.2 to see if this makes a difference in storage reporting. Be sure to back up first: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn't make a difference, use this link to Get Support directly from Apple.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

System date takes too much storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.