Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 'backup' issue

Hi.

So I got the new Iphone 13 Pro Max, I started using it straight away (taking photo etc). Later I got my old iphone and did the 'Back Up Now' through itunes. I luckily also did this with the new Iphone. I then did the 'Restore back up' using the data from the old Iphone and loading it into the new iphone. I thought it would add the pictures from the old iphone into my new library but it wiped all the pictures I had just taken with the new phone.

Is there a way to retrieve the recent pictures taken on the new Iphone without completely restoring the backup I had saved before I restored the data from the old phone? The 'back up' is saved to my laptops library. My not too bothered about anything else, just would like the pictures.

Would it be best to simply restore the saved 'back up' from the new iphone, then save the pictures to the laptop, then start again?

Kinda hard to explain but im sure some of you whizz kids can make sense of it.

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 4:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 4:55 AM

What is lost cannot be recovered. However for the future...

If you have already set up the iPhone then the data created during this period will be lost if you use any of the processes given below

iPhone to iPhone, there are three ways,

1. Quick Transfer --> Use QuickStart to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod ...
  2. Restore from iCloud Backup --> Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple ...
  3. Restore from iTunes backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 4:55 AM in response to JamieL86

What is lost cannot be recovered. However for the future...

If you have already set up the iPhone then the data created during this period will be lost if you use any of the processes given below

iPhone to iPhone, there are three ways,

1. Quick Transfer --> Use QuickStart to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod ...
  2. Restore from iCloud Backup --> Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple ...
  3. Restore from iTunes backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC ...

Iphone 'backup' issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.