Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I completed the migration as instructed, I believe, but many files did not transfer (all emails for example) Should I do another migration? What did I do wrong?

Not all files transfered, mail e.g. Should I remigrate?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2021 3:07 PM

Migration assistant copies the files from the Accounts on the old computer into accounts with very similar names on the new computer.

But if you created a new account on first run of the new computer, Migration Assistant used later will NOT store your files there. It will Create a very similar account for your Migrated files from the old computer.

You may need to log in again with the Migrated Account-name to see your old files.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2021 3:07 PM in response to Budso3

Migration assistant copies the files from the Accounts on the old computer into accounts with very similar names on the new computer.

But if you created a new account on first run of the new computer, Migration Assistant used later will NOT store your files there. It will Create a very similar account for your Migrated files from the old computer.

You may need to log in again with the Migrated Account-name to see your old files.

I completed the migration as instructed, I believe, but many files did not transfer (all emails for example) Should I do another migration? What did I do wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.