Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am trying to insert a gif into email and Facebook post but cannot find out how

Am trying to insert a gif into email and Facebook post but cannot find out how. Have tried to save a gif into documents but Preview seems to have just the individual frames in the 0.7 second gif. When I have tried inserting into an email, I just end up with the web link.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 4:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 11:15 PM

Hi Ferdie47,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Go to Mail > Preferences > Composing and choose "Rich text" (not Plain text)

Start a new message.

Position the cursor precisely where you want the .gif in the message, and just drag the .gif into the message.

(If you don't see it animate there, try sending the email to yourself, and check whether the email-receiver sees it animate ok.)

The one I tried (an original creation) worked fine in Mail on macOS Big Sur, both in composing the e-mail, and as the receiver.

(If you still just get a weblink, the .gif may be copyright to the creator, and thus cannot be re-published separately.)

Hope this works for you :-)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 11:15 PM in response to Ferdie47

Hi Ferdie47,

Welcome to the Apple Community.

Go to Mail > Preferences > Composing and choose "Rich text" (not Plain text)

Start a new message.

Position the cursor precisely where you want the .gif in the message, and just drag the .gif into the message.

(If you don't see it animate there, try sending the email to yourself, and check whether the email-receiver sees it animate ok.)

The one I tried (an original creation) worked fine in Mail on macOS Big Sur, both in composing the e-mail, and as the receiver.

(If you still just get a weblink, the .gif may be copyright to the creator, and thus cannot be re-published separately.)

Hope this works for you :-)

Am trying to insert a gif into email and Facebook post but cannot find out how

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.