Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Spontaneously Pairing with iPhone

I have the opposite problem of most of the posts about pairing an iPhone with HomePod. My wife has an iPhone provided by her employer. It has a different AppleID than her personal phone. This morning, the controls for the HomePod appeared on the Lock Screen and she was able to control the HomePod with her work iPhone.

It was not previously paired with the HomePod, and a visit to the Bluetooth settings reveals no paired devices. None. So, it's not possible to disconnect or forget the HomePod from her work iPhone.

Weird.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 8:21 AM

See Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support. Under Allow Speaker & TV Access is it set to everyone, anyone on the same network, or only people sharing this home? If you use the last one, and haven't granted her work Apple ID access to the home then I wouldn't expect her phone to be able to see or control the HomePod.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 8:21 AM in response to Darryl Oliver

See Play audio on HomePod using an iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support. Under Allow Speaker & TV Access is it set to everyone, anyone on the same network, or only people sharing this home? If you use the last one, and haven't granted her work Apple ID access to the home then I wouldn't expect her phone to be able to see or control the HomePod.

tt2

HomePod Spontaneously Pairing with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.