Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting HomePod to the same WiFi as my iPhone

My HomePod says it needs to connect to the same WiFi network as my iPhone. Prior answers directed me to the Home app, that that interface has changed so much those answers can no longer be followed. I do have two WiFi networks at home. Suggestions? Many thanks.

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2021 8:10 AM

HomePod, assuming it can connect to the Internet at all, should pick up the network credentials known to your iPhone via iCloud Keychain. Certain actions, such as AirPlay, only work when both devices are on the same network. Ideally you would only have one network such that all connected devices can see each other through Wi-Fi. If you need a guest Wi-Fi that blocks device to device communications you wouldn't add the connection information for that to any of your own devices.

You can use Settings > Wi-Fi to change which network your phone is connected to. Are you saying these types of instructions no longer work? https://osxdaily.com/2021/06/13/how-change-homepod-wifi-network/

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 21, 2021 8:10 AM in response to Bob McGough

HomePod, assuming it can connect to the Internet at all, should pick up the network credentials known to your iPhone via iCloud Keychain. Certain actions, such as AirPlay, only work when both devices are on the same network. Ideally you would only have one network such that all connected devices can see each other through Wi-Fi. If you need a guest Wi-Fi that blocks device to device communications you wouldn't add the connection information for that to any of your own devices.

You can use Settings > Wi-Fi to change which network your phone is connected to. Are you saying these types of instructions no longer work? https://osxdaily.com/2021/06/13/how-change-homepod-wifi-network/

tt2

Connecting HomePod to the same WiFi as my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.