You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo! Finance not streaming in Safari Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)

New issue for me. Yahoo! Finance, has stopped streaming quotes in my watchlist. Had been fine for years, but has been static of late. Yes, I do have YF's streaming toggle turned on.

Streaming quotes work as expected with Edge.

Have changed the user agent in Safari's Develop menu, as I read of this being a fix for a similar issue, but it hasn't helped my situation.

Thoughts appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 10:07 AM

4 replies

Dec 23, 2021 9:16 AM in response to CreativeSmith

Hi CreativeSmith,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with streaming quotes with Yahoo! Finance. We're happy to provide some information to get you in the right direction to assist.

It sounds like you've isolated the issue pretty well. If you haven't already check out and complete the basics: If Safari on Mac doesn't open a webpage or isn’t working as expected

As the feature is enabled and still will not stream with Safari, we'd recommend testing in a new user account. Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

We'd also recommend testing in safe mode. How to use safe mode on your Mac

If the issue remains, others in the community may have some personal insight to help.

If not, reach out to Apple Support to report and further assist.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Dec 27, 2021 1:33 PM in response to AppleMacUser782

Sorry that you too are experiencing this issue, but glad to know it's not just me.

Until resolved, have switched to Brave Browser, which I quite like, and the streaming quotes from Yahoo! Finance perform as they should; same can be said for Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc.

Interestingly, the macOS Stocks.app also fails to stream, or such was the case earlier today. The source for the Stocks.app data is is Yahoo! Finance.

Yahoo! Finance not streaming in Safari Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.