Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods won’t disconnect

I’ve seen this post a few times but it’s always closer so I’m reposting. My AirPods won’t disconnect when in the case.

No matter how many times I reset,

clean the case etc it’s always the same. They’re either connected to my iPhone or iPad. I’ve started to ‘forget the device’ on both to try and keep charge but this isn’t what I’d expect to have to do with an expensive pair of headphones. I’ve got the latest IOS software and an iPhone 12 but can’t seem to get this sorted. A side effect of this is that I’ve always got one airpod that is constantly 0% power.

Does anyone have any answers that doesn’t involve me having to reset every single time I want to use my headphones?

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 11:13 AM

Hello Ulls2021,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with your AirPods and see if we can determine the cause of this behavior.

You’ve done some excellent troubleshooting already on your own. We have a few more steps to suggest trying. AirPods User Guide > Table of Contents > Change AirPods Settings for referencing the two steps below.

1 – Is the “Automatic Ear Detection” enabled? Settings > Bluetooth > [AirPods Name]. If it’s enabled, try disabling and then enable again. Test AirPods.

2 – If you go to “Connect to this iPhone” by going to Settings > Bluetooth > [AirPods Name], try changing the setting, then changing it back.

If you still see the same behavior, then you will want to reach out to Apple Support by going to Get Support.

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 11:13 AM in response to Ulls2021

Hello Ulls2021,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We're happy to help with your AirPods and see if we can determine the cause of this behavior.

You’ve done some excellent troubleshooting already on your own. We have a few more steps to suggest trying. AirPods User Guide > Table of Contents > Change AirPods Settings for referencing the two steps below.

1 – Is the “Automatic Ear Detection” enabled? Settings > Bluetooth > [AirPods Name]. If it’s enabled, try disabling and then enable again. Test AirPods.

2 – If you go to “Connect to this iPhone” by going to Settings > Bluetooth > [AirPods Name], try changing the setting, then changing it back.

If you still see the same behavior, then you will want to reach out to Apple Support by going to Get Support.

Take care!

AirPods won’t disconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.