Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound was played through find my I-phone but no account members have activated it

The find my I-phone sound was activated on my phone very early this morning when all members of my Apple ID were asleep so could not have activated it. Who else can play the sound on my I-phone?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 22, 2021 11:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 1:04 AM

Hi,

Only users who are able to sign in to your Apple ID online at icloud.com/find and by using the Find My app on a device currently signed into iCloud Settings can play a sound on the device.

Note: If you are apart of Family Sharing, members tied to the FS will also have the ability to play a sound for that device.

iCloud.com/find will first require entering the two-factor verification code sent to your trusted phone number, prior to allowing a user to sign in and play a sound.

If you feel as if your Apple ID account is being accessed by someone else, I would recommend changing your Apple ID password. This should resolve your issue.

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 1:04 AM in response to Jonnybegoodallthetime

Hi,

Only users who are able to sign in to your Apple ID online at icloud.com/find and by using the Find My app on a device currently signed into iCloud Settings can play a sound on the device.

Note: If you are apart of Family Sharing, members tied to the FS will also have the ability to play a sound for that device.

iCloud.com/find will first require entering the two-factor verification code sent to your trusted phone number, prior to allowing a user to sign in and play a sound.

If you feel as if your Apple ID account is being accessed by someone else, I would recommend changing your Apple ID password. This should resolve your issue.

Hope this helps.

Sound was played through find my I-phone but no account members have activated it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.