Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display settings reversed after sleep (2021 Mac Mini w/ M1 chip)

I have the new M1 Mac Mini (absolute powerhouse, love this thing) connected to two external monitors. I set the left (1) monitor as my main display and the right (2) as an external display. However, every morning when I wake it from sleep, everything is reversed. Not only does the right (2) monitor become the main display, which requires me to drag my mouse rightward to appear on the left (1) monitor, but the monitor numbers are also reversed - left (1) monitor appears as (2) and vice versa. I correct this problem manually every day, which is getting pretty tiring. Any ideas about ensuring the display settings are saved? Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 3:34 AM

Disable Sleep, it’s unnecessary on later Macs, all pain, no gain. Shut for long absences i.e. > 2 hours. To disable, check “Prevent…” in Energy Preferences and uncheck everything else. You can leave the display off time as is, unrelated to Sleep.

Similar questions

3 replies

Display settings reversed after sleep (2021 Mac Mini w/ M1 chip)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.