Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail on my iPhone is showing unread emails?

Apple Mail on my iPhone is showing unread emails. My iMac says NO unread mail? My Ipad says no unread email why can they all be the same?

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 11:45 AM

Thank you. yesterday I spent time with Apple support. They fixed it for me. You are correct my iphone was pop, my ipad and iMac were imap.. We deleted the pop account and added it back as imap. all good now

2 replies

Dec 24, 2021 8:37 AM in response to rjtiedemann

Welcome Rjtiedemann,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your iPhone shows unread emails while your iPad and iMac do not. We'll do our best to assist.

It sounds like the email account is set up as a POP account on your iPhone. That means that when you check emails on one device, it does not sync over those changes to the server on your other devices. In order for your email account to show the same across all of your devices and the server, you'd want to use IMAP: What is the difference between POP and IMAP?

We'd recommend contacting your email provider to see if they have any IMAP settings for iOS. They can also probably walk through setting up the account on your iPhone or you're welcome to use: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Hoping this helps out, take care.

Apple Mail on my iPhone is showing unread emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.