Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not receive email after changing password from PC. Why?

I stopped receiving emails on iPhone 11 even though I’m receiving emails in my Charter.net acct on my desktop PC. I cannot determine what changed or happened unless it has something to do with me changing my password for email from my PC which I thought would also change for iPhone email.

Can someone provide me help?

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 2:33 PM

If you changed your password you need to change it on every device that you use to access that email account. Changing it on your PC does not change it on your iPhone.

If it is configured as an IMAP account (go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on the account; it will say IMAP or POP) just delete it from your phone, restart your phone and add it back. If it is a POP account after tapping on the account enter the new password for both incoming and outgoing mail servers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2021 2:33 PM in response to Bnrodg

If you changed your password you need to change it on every device that you use to access that email account. Changing it on your PC does not change it on your iPhone.

If it is configured as an IMAP account (go to Settings/Mail/Accounts and tap on the account; it will say IMAP or POP) just delete it from your phone, restart your phone and add it back. If it is a POP account after tapping on the account enter the new password for both incoming and outgoing mail servers.

I can not receive email after changing password from PC. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.