Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot scan from Epson ET2810

Recently brought a Desktop Mac (Monterey 12.1), and also later brought an Epson ET2810 printer scanner. Got the wireless printing working, but cannot seem to get the scanning feature back wirelessly to Mac working?

Am I missing something (New to Mac).=?

Posted on Dec 23, 2021 9:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 7:57 AM

I am sorry you are having scanner problems. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider which may be useful. Just so you know, for the future, whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then a new OS compliant software must be installed. In short, for a scanner to work, the scanner's software must be complain with the operating system that is installed. What you can do is to thoroughly check Epson's web site for updated compliant software that works. If none is available, then you should ask when it will be released. If that doesn't work, you can try scanning using Apple's Image Capture app. It will scan, but is not full featured. Another alternative is to download and try the full featured scanner software from VueScan. You can try it for free. It will show a watermark until you purchase it. I bought it and can recommend it. I have no association with VueScan. Good luck.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 7:57 AM in response to PaulPaulaB

I am sorry you are having scanner problems. If you will bear with me, I will offer some things to consider which may be useful. Just so you know, for the future, whenever we install an operating system upgrade or some OS updates, printers and scanners will often stop working. Then a new OS compliant software must be installed. In short, for a scanner to work, the scanner's software must be complain with the operating system that is installed. What you can do is to thoroughly check Epson's web site for updated compliant software that works. If none is available, then you should ask when it will be released. If that doesn't work, you can try scanning using Apple's Image Capture app. It will scan, but is not full featured. Another alternative is to download and try the full featured scanner software from VueScan. You can try it for free. It will show a watermark until you purchase it. I bought it and can recommend it. I have no association with VueScan. Good luck.

VueScan Scanner Software for macOS Catalina, Windows 10, and Linux

Dec 24, 2021 8:35 AM in response to PaulPaulaB

Hmm... my Epson ET-2750 wirelessly scans using Image Capture, Preview and the Epson Print/Scan utility box from several different Mac's running Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey.

At this point I suggest resetting Mac's the Printing/Scanning system,

as per > https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-printing-system-mac-solve-a-problem-mh14001/12.0/mac/12.0

Then see if you can Scan using Image Capture, Preview or the Epson Print/Scan Utility.

If not, go to > http://tech.epson.com.au/downloads/product.asp download and install the Combo Package.

Dec 25, 2021 8:37 AM in response to PaulPaulaB

I just installed a ET-2803, so here are the steps I used.

First turn off MAC Address Filtering on the router

Next, turn on SSID broadcast for the 2.4 GHz band.

Put ink into the printer, and paper.

Download the Epson software from the Epson Web Site.

It should find the printer, charge the ink, and let you set up the SSID and password.

Now print a Network Status page, using the keypad on the front of the printer.

This should have the printers MAC Address at the bottom.

Add this MAC address to MAC Address Filtering, and turn on.

Turn off SSID broadcast

Now go to DHCP reservation, and put in a Reserved DHCP address for the printer, using its MAC Address.

This will give the printer the SAME DHCP address every time it requests one.

Restart printer and computer

Now go to "Applications", "Epson Software". then to "Epson Scan 2" , NOT "Epson Scan"

I also suggest turning on "Quiet Mode" on the printer front keypad, this may allow it to last longer, less wear on the printhead

cannot scan from Epson ET2810

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.