Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xerox 6515 scanner not working in Mac Image Capture

My Xerox 6515 Wifi connection is broken so I moved to a USB connection with my iMac. OS Ventura 13.2.1.

The iMac recognises the printer correctly. However, the Image Capture does not recognise the Xerox 6515 as a scanner.

I have updated the printer drivers. Very frustrating and would appreciate any tips on how to fix this problem which should be quite basic.

Thanks in advance

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 3:29 AM

10 replies

Mar 23, 2023 8:55 AM in response to amancio160

Hi amancio160,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We'll be happy to see how we can help with the issues you are seeing with the iMac and your printer.

If sounds like everything is working for you but the scanner. Did you get to reach out to Xerox support and and verify the updated drivers you installed include working with Image Capture for scanning? Looking around, we did find this link with information about the Xerox printer and macOS Ventura and wanted to share it with you.

Here are a few good links to use when the Mac and your printer aren't working as expected together. The first link will be helpful for looking at your settings and making sure nothing has changed without your knowledge.

If you continue to run into issues scanning you will want to reach out to Xerox if you haven't done so already. To help save you some time, we found their support link: https://www.xerox.com/en-us/about/contact-us

Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Take care!

Mar 25, 2023 10:36 AM in response to amancio160

Hello amancio160,

Thank you for the information.

What I was thinking about was something like the following example:

https://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/global/wi-fi_range_extenders_n300/ew-7438rpn_mini/ (in Wi-Fi Bridge mode).

A relatively inexpensive device like that, or a similar product from another manufacturer, could "transform" the printer's Ethernet port to Wi-Fi, and should allow you to wirelessly connect the printer to your Wi-Fi router, thus eliminating the USB connection (in case USB as such is part of the scanning problem).

Mar 25, 2023 8:46 AM in response to amancio160

Hi,

You mentioned that the printer drivers had been updated. Were these the 5.12.1(2403) drivers released 03/21/2023 (XeroxDrivers_5.12.1_2403.dmg)?

Was everything (including scanning) working as it should before the change from Wi-Fi to USB?

The Xerox WorkCentre 6515 Color Multifunction Printer is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the AirPrint technology. An AirPrint model can be used without having to install additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network. AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

Have you checked whether there is a change with the printer wired by Ethernet to one of the LAN ports of a Wi-Fi router instead of using the broken wireless connection (and instead of using USB, which would require drivers anyway)? The iMac should still be able to connect wirelessly (via the router).

If necessary, if you wish to connect the printer wirelessly, it should be possible to use a wireless Ethernet bridge, or a standard Wi-Fi range extender with Ethernet bridge capabilities, connected to the Ethernet port of the printer.

Mar 25, 2023 9:52 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Hi Jan,

These are the drivers that I have installed. I wanted to clarify the second point. The printer is now connected to my Imac only through USB. I can not connect anymore via Wifi because the printer hardware got damaged and I am not close to a Ethernet port. Before it was woking via WiFi, my problem is being to make Image capture recognise the scanner via the USB connection. In parallel all the printing is going well.

Xerox 6515 scanner not working in Mac Image Capture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.