Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 MacBook Pro Keyboard and Trackpad unresponsive

My M1 MacBook Pro’s (13 inch, 4 months old with Monterey installed) keyboard and trackpad are both unresponsive. I have attempted multiple restarts with no success as well as PRAM and NVRAM resets and attempting to boot into safe mode (however these do not work as the inbuilt keyboard does not function and as I do not have access to an external keyboard I cannot verify that these do not 100% work) only the power button functions as per usual.

As far as I am aware, the laptop is completely up to date and has had no issues in the past.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:19 AM

Get expert service and support at the Genius Bar:

👉🏼 Call 1-800-MY-APPLE or get help here. 

5 replies

Dec 24, 2021 12:23 AM in response to thepurplelemon

Can you enter Recovery?

Apple silicon

Turn on your Mac and continue to press and hold the power button until you see the startup options window. Click the gear icon labeled Options, then click Continue.

To further troubleshoot you need to get a USB keyboard. A windows keyboard is fine. The following gives the corresponding PC keys:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970299

M1 MacBook Pro Keyboard and Trackpad unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.