Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 battery is suddenly losing battery performance approximately after upgrading from iOS 15.1.1 to iOS 15.2

About a week ago I upgrade my iPhone 11 from iOS 15.1.1 to 15.2. Previously when I charged my phone each night, it would have about 50% charge left. Now I have to charge it twice a day. My battery health shows 89% but my phone will only charge to 82% overnight. I have gone through all the battery optimization techniques I can find, offloading apps, turning off auto-updating, location, etc. When I check on battery usage by various apps, App store was top of the list with over 50% until I completely shut down updates. Now it's settle back to 33% but is still the top user of battery in the last 24 hours even after force-quitting it.

Is this just a problem with iOS 15.2

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:21 PM

Couple of things to check:

-your privacy>location services settings (set to anything except Always)

-make sure apps closed in background, esp any browsers

-your notifications

Then, restart the phone.

after checking, let your battery drain almost completely, then put back on an Apple charger and let charge completely.

sometimes these get reset in an upgrade.

Also after upgrades, come many auto background app updates for the next few days. That could contribute and even be a sole reason.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 12:21 PM in response to AixNPanes

Couple of things to check:

-your privacy>location services settings (set to anything except Always)

-make sure apps closed in background, esp any browsers

-your notifications

Then, restart the phone.

after checking, let your battery drain almost completely, then put back on an Apple charger and let charge completely.

sometimes these get reset in an upgrade.

Also after upgrades, come many auto background app updates for the next few days. That could contribute and even be a sole reason.

Dec 27, 2021 5:26 PM in response to MsPamelaM2

That was the problem. I drained the battery to 12% yesterday. I used an old iPad charger to make sure I got the phone completely charged overnight. It charged fairly quickly according to the battery statistics, which was decidedly different from previous nights. The difference could either be the discharge or the fact that a used an Apple charger rather than a 3rd party one.

Also, where I had previously had to charge midday, today I made it all the way through the day with the battery down to only 63%.

iPhone 11 battery is suddenly losing battery performance approximately after upgrading from iOS 15.1.1 to iOS 15.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.