Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone keeps choosing to the 5G network instead of my internet connection which shows full strength when I check WiFi in settings. How do I get my iPhone to connect with the network?

My iPhone keeps choosing the 5G network instead of my internet connection which shows full strength when I check WiFi in settings. How do I get my iPhone to connect with the network? My gateway crashed and, with permission, I signed on to my neighbor's network whic is not AT&T. My computer connected with no problem. but my iPhone won't! Help!

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 2:01 PM

Hi,

I would recommend resetting your network settings.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: you will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords for all previously connected networks once iPhone restarts.

This should resolve your issue.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2021 2:01 PM in response to Skypilot45

Hi,

I would recommend resetting your network settings.

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Note: you will have to re-enter Wi-Fi passwords for all previously connected networks once iPhone restarts.

This should resolve your issue.

My iPhone keeps choosing to the 5G network instead of my internet connection which shows full strength when I check WiFi in settings. How do I get my iPhone to connect with the network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.