You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 Pro Cinematic - Flickering Video

Hi there, I’m having an issue with video playback via Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 Pro: it seems to flicker with static (?) every few seconds. I managed to screenshot what the flickering looks like. Normal videos are fine. What’s the issue?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 25, 2021 2:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 11:22 AM

Hello Bailey604,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that Cinematic mode video playback is not as expected. We are happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support After your iPhone has fully restarted, does the Cinematic mode video play as expected? If you record another video using Cinematic mode, does it play as expected?

Here’s additional information on Cinematic mode: Use Cinematic mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

12 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2021 11:22 AM in response to Bailey604

Hello Bailey604,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that Cinematic mode video playback is not as expected. We are happy to help.

Please use the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support After your iPhone has fully restarted, does the Cinematic mode video play as expected? If you record another video using Cinematic mode, does it play as expected?

Here’s additional information on Cinematic mode: Use Cinematic mode on your iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know if you have further questions.

Take care.

Dec 30, 2021 5:29 PM in response to philosykosfiguier

I downloaded the newest software update and restarted my phone, and after testing the cinematic mode again, it seemed to play back fine. The original video that was flickering did not get fixed though - so that one is still ruined. So, I have the same question as @JerrryRyu as well - I don’t know if it’s going to happen again? Was it a software issue? Is it a problem with the phone itself? It’s interesting that three of us with new phones in the past month are all having the same problem though!!

Jan 2, 2022 3:44 AM in response to Bailey604

Same issue here just today. One thing I noticed was that I took about 15-20 cinematic videos at an average of 2-3 minutes each, almost straight, so, I suspected internal batt heat may have caused it as after I’d let it rest for about half hour, flickering disappeared. Well, just a GUESS.  My other guess is hardware may be the culprit.  Flickered videos unfixable so, yeah still a disappointment.

-iphone 13  proMx, less 5 months old-

Feb 12, 2022 3:09 PM in response to Bailey604

We just change to apple 13pro and this issue just kill our moment. We celebrate our kid first! bday! We took videos today and now we saw that iphone kill our moments. Disapointing is small word to say how we feel right now! Will restarting phone give us our bday moments back? NO! I demand imediatly respond! From now, i will spend all my free moments in life to writte how apple is moments killer. I have time!

13 Pro Cinematic - Flickering Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.