Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone unable to connect to Mac

I'm trying to back up a family member's iPhone 7 to either her iMac or the cloud before we activate both our new iPhones, especially as we're switching carriers too.

Plugging her phone into her Mac with her Apple charge cord we keep getting Trust queries repeatedly flash onto both the phone and Mac, but disappear before (in some cases on the desktop immediately after) we can press to Trust.

Other questions I've seen about this, the response doesn't get the problem is the repeated flashing/flickering aspect, just explains the Trust process, but I get that, and successfully did it with my phone on my Mac, where I've backed up several other times. The problem is on her devices, the Trust box doesn't remain long enough to click. It disappears and eventually flickers back, with little tonal clunks each time. It asked her to sign into iTunes, which she did (she doesn't use it and may not ever have backed up before). Thanks!

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 5:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 5:57 AM

Hi Jordan, that’s a issue I had before , the lighting cable that you are using is not apple OEM cable when you plug in to the Mac you get the pop up in the screen saying Trust right but once you tap over it the iPhone connects and disconnects repeatedly right ? It’s the lighting cable , until I get one cable from apple I did not get that issue anymore trust me there isn’t issues with your iPhones or computer

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2021 5:57 AM in response to Jordan T

Hi Jordan, that’s a issue I had before , the lighting cable that you are using is not apple OEM cable when you plug in to the Mac you get the pop up in the screen saying Trust right but once you tap over it the iPhone connects and disconnects repeatedly right ? It’s the lighting cable , until I get one cable from apple I did not get that issue anymore trust me there isn’t issues with your iPhones or computer

Dec 26, 2021 6:27 AM in response to Ozzie1910

Thanks, Ozzie! That's what it was, a few years back I had to run out to the local big box to get her a replacement cord and wanted the Apple branded one but it wasn't in stock, so they said either take this one home with you now or we'll go online and order you one from our website but you won't get it for several days, so I took option A.

I just switched out my own cord for hers and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

iPhone unable to connect to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.