Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why in **** I can't redeem digital code of DVD I got for Christmas into Apple TV?

Why isn't possible to redeem DVD with digital code into Apple TV or iTunes?

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 9:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 7:23 AM

Did you do as described? Do you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Mac, or PC with iTunes?

Redeem digital copies of DVDs or Blu-rays in the Apple TV app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

What happens instead? At what point doesn’t it work for you?

Do you get an error message? What does it say?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 7:23 AM in response to Ubert76

Did you do as described? Do you have an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Mac, or PC with iTunes?

Redeem digital copies of DVDs or Blu-rays in the Apple TV app or iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

What happens instead? At what point doesn’t it work for you?

Do you get an error message? What does it say?

Dec 27, 2021 11:36 AM in response to JSGentry

Does the MacMini support external Blu-ray drives?

Sure. External optical drives with USB are quite common. I have one. Not used much these days, though.

Software is a different matter. You will need player software for Blu-ray movie discs, as the drive is just a reader. No Blu-ray player software is bundled/default install.

Best apps for playing Blu-rays on your Mac in 2021 - iMore

Basically three options, none of them ideal, or even good enough. If you go for movie discs, my advise is to use a set-top player with your TV instead.

why in **** I can't redeem digital code of DVD I got for Christmas into Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.