Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device trade-in gift card going to waste!!

I traded in an old iPad for an Apple Gift Card of $280 value. An Apple team member was able to use that gift card in person to help me purchase an Apple Pencil. The leftover money from my gift card ended up as a credit on my iTunes account for $150 instead of just staying on the gift card for future use. I have not used any of its value in iTunes and I want to use it in the Apple Store to put towards my new MacBook. Everyone I’ve spoke to says this cannot be done and I’m just not sure why. It’s unused money from my own trade in, why can some be used in the Apple store but the rest is basically thrown away if you don’t use it all in a single transaction!? Has anyone else run into this issue? I’m not sure what to do….

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 4:03 PM

Maa,

I believe that credit balance is on your Apple ID, not on your "iTunes account." Verify the amount as described in here:

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

If you buy anything at the Apple Online store, the checkout process will give you a chance to apply the credit balance. I am not sure if it will work in person at the Apple Store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2021 4:03 PM in response to maa_2021

Maa,

I believe that credit balance is on your Apple ID, not on your "iTunes account." Verify the amount as described in here:

Check your Apple ID balance - Apple Support

If you buy anything at the Apple Online store, the checkout process will give you a chance to apply the credit balance. I am not sure if it will work in person at the Apple Store.

Device trade-in gift card going to waste!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.