Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This content can’t be played on this Apple TV

I am trying to access movies (from my imac mini )that I have purchased from apple and it should link to my computer on my Apple TV ….. yet it keeps coming up with “this content can’t be played on this Apple TV “ ……. I have lots and lots of apple products ……I have spent thousands of pounds and would continue too my i moves account has thousands of pounds of movies that I have brought ! And yet it’s not letting me play that content .

I am getting sooooooo tired of apple products failing to do the simplest of tasks……..tasks that use to be easy and standard a few years ago …… and now there’s more and more failures ……is this the start of apple’s unreliability ?? ………I have removed HDMI cables …..I I have reset both Apple TV my iMac …..my router ……my brain …..even turned them all on and off again ! ….please someone help me .

Mac mini, macOS 11.6

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 4:29 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

For downloaded iTunes Store content and Home Sharing, you have to ensure compatibility with both the Mac and the Apple TV box. I.e. you can’t send HDR content to Apple TV (4th generation or earlier). So set the download specs as needed in the app’s Preferences.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 4:29 AM in response to Nickiamgettimgtiredofapple

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

For downloaded iTunes Store content and Home Sharing, you have to ensure compatibility with both the Mac and the Apple TV box. I.e. you can’t send HDR content to Apple TV (4th generation or earlier). So set the download specs as needed in the app’s Preferences.

This content can’t be played on this Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.