Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 MacBook Pro (16 inch) won't charge

My Wife's 2019 MacBook Pro (16 inch) won't charge.

It's so dead, I can't check anything, or reset the SMC.

I have the OEM charger and cable incldued with the macbook, SEVERAL 60w & 100w chargers that are USB-C to USB-C with OEM cables.

Nothing will charge it.

It was working just fine a couple weeks ago, but my wife mentioned it was not charging, and by the time I got involved, it was too dead to do anything with.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 9:51 AM

I have the same problem, any status update about your problem yet?

2 replies

Dec 26, 2021 3:22 PM in response to dfwtxmissy

Charge your 14-inch or 16-inch MacBook Pro

Learn how to charge the battery in your MacBook Pro.

Use MagSafe 3

To charge the battery in your Mac, connect the USB-C power adapter to a power outlet, then connect the USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable to the power adapter and to the MagSafe 3 port on your MacBook Pro. As the connector gets close to the port, you’ll feel a magnetic pull drawing it in. After you connect the charger, the indicator light glows green if your battery is fully charged. If your battery is charging or charging is on hold, the indicator light glows amber.

MagSafe 2 and MagSafe power adapters aren't compatible with MagSafe 3.

If the indicator light flashes

If the indicator light on the MagSafe 3 connector flashes amber repeatedly, try these steps:

1. Disconnect the USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable from your Mac and from the power adapter.
  2. Disconnect the USB-C power adapter from the wall outlet.
  3. Use a dry cloth to wipe the MagSafe 3 port and MagSafe 3 connector. Make sure both the port and connector are dry and clear of any debris. 
  4. Make sure the USB-C port on the power adapter and the USB-C connector are clear of any debris.
  5. Restart your Mac.
  6. Connect the USB-C power adapter to the wall outlet, connect the USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable to the adapter and to your Mac, then try charging again.

If the indicator light continues to flash repeatedly, contact Apple. 

Use a USB-C charge cable

You can use any of the Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) ports to charge your Mac with a USB-C charge cable. Your Mac charges over only one port at a time, so connecting multiple power adapters to the MagSafe 3 port and Thunderbolt 4 (USB-C) ports won't result in faster charging. If you connect more than one power source, your Mac charges only from the adapter providing the most power. 

2019 MacBook Pro (16 inch) won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.