Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting a Dynamic wallpaper in macOS Monterey

Hello,

Recently got a Mac mini running Monterey and was wondering how I can set my own dynamic wallpapers. Tried copying them into System/Library but they refuse to copy. Disabled SIP and tried changing permissions of the Desktop Pictures folder but Finder just says "The operation can't be completed because you don't have the necessary permission."

Setting wallpapers via right-clicking gives me this issue with the jumbled text:

I have copied and used many of my own dynamic wallpapers on my MacBook Pro running Big Sur. Wondering what the difference is here. Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 8:43 PM

Sure. So rather than trying to make a new folder or add pictures to the "Desktop Pictures" folder in

Macintosh HD/System/Library which is where the default pictures are, you want to go directly to Macintosh HD/Library. Once in Library, create a new folder called "Desktop Pictures". If you still are having troubles, make sure you have SIP (system integrity protection) disabled. Does that answer your question?

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 8:43 PM in response to capnbmo

Sure. So rather than trying to make a new folder or add pictures to the "Desktop Pictures" folder in

Macintosh HD/System/Library which is where the default pictures are, you want to go directly to Macintosh HD/Library. Once in Library, create a new folder called "Desktop Pictures". If you still are having troubles, make sure you have SIP (system integrity protection) disabled. Does that answer your question?

Setting a Dynamic wallpaper in macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.