Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A background report told me to close my browsers, my cookies, and my cache down because I’ve not passed it in the recent past

What does closing all my browsers & what r my browsers? Closing all my cookies & all my cache down. What are my cache’s? This is bc a background report I passed once before in 2019 but not in 2020 , May 2021 & is taking 2 mo. for the report to come back from First Advantage for a job I was hired on Nov 5th 2021. Christmas is over an it’s still not back. So the first Advantage told me to close all browsers, cookies,& cache down! What does that mean , how do I do it, what will it do positively so the answer will be reported and why & what will it do to all my saved information on my iPad and 2 iPhones a XR & 12 Pro Max?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 1:51 AM

As far as iphones are concerned it means closing Safari and going to Settings, Safari, Clear all history and website data.

If you use a different browser there should be similar settings somewhere.

2 replies

A background report told me to close my browsers, my cookies, and my cache down because I’ve not passed it in the recent past

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.