Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want my Apple TV remote on my home screen

How do I get the Apple TV remote icon on my home screen, not where I have to swipe up?

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 10:54 AM

You can create a shortcut for it and place it on your Home Screen.

1. Open the Shortcuts App, Tap on the + icon at the top right corner.
  2. You can give it a name like Apple TV Remote.
  3. Then Tap on Add Action, tap on Apps, Tap on Apple TV Remote, then on Show Remote Control.
  4. Tap on the blue Apple TV text, and either select a Specific Apple TV to control, or tap on "Ask Each Time", to have it ask you which Apple TV to control.
  5. You can tap on the icon at the top left corner to give it a picture or icon.
  6. Tap on the Blue menu icon at the top right next to the X, and then select "Add to Home Screen", then on Add to put it on a Home Screen.
  7. The Shortcut app will close, and your new icon will appear on your Home Screen.

Now every time you tap on the icon the Remote App will open.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 10:54 AM in response to J.BULLIS

You can create a shortcut for it and place it on your Home Screen.

1. Open the Shortcuts App, Tap on the + icon at the top right corner.
  2. You can give it a name like Apple TV Remote.
  3. Then Tap on Add Action, tap on Apps, Tap on Apple TV Remote, then on Show Remote Control.
  4. Tap on the blue Apple TV text, and either select a Specific Apple TV to control, or tap on "Ask Each Time", to have it ask you which Apple TV to control.
  5. You can tap on the icon at the top left corner to give it a picture or icon.
  6. Tap on the Blue menu icon at the top right next to the X, and then select "Add to Home Screen", then on Add to put it on a Home Screen.
  7. The Shortcut app will close, and your new icon will appear on your Home Screen.

Now every time you tap on the icon the Remote App will open.

Dec 28, 2021 10:37 AM in response to J.BULLIS

Greetings J.BULLIS,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! It seems you'd like to use the Apple TV remote without accessing Control Center.

The Apple TV Remote app was removed a little over a year ago. The only option to use the Apple TV remote now on iPhone is via Control Center.

You're welcome to leave feedback to Apple with your thoughts at Feedback - Apple

Kind regards.

I want my Apple TV remote on my home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.