Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When Facebook is open all my calls are silenced after iOS update

I have been having a problem since the last few updates. If I have Facebook open, all my calls are silenced. It doesn’t matter if the caller is in my contacts or not. I get the banner notification but there is no ringing. If I am playing a video or reel the banner doesn’t always show up. I only discover that I missed a call if the caller leaves a message or I actually check for missed calls. How can I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2022 2:33 PM

I’m having the same issue, the phone won’t ring when on Facebook watching the news. This is a disappointing, I usually just listen to the news reels while working and now I’m missing calls. How can the Facebook app override the operating system like this? Apple needs to make a patch and fix this! Nothing should override the operating system!

28 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2022 2:33 PM in response to Clplou72

I’m having the same issue, the phone won’t ring when on Facebook watching the news. This is a disappointing, I usually just listen to the news reels while working and now I’m missing calls. How can the Facebook app override the operating system like this? Apple needs to make a patch and fix this! Nothing should override the operating system!

May 16, 2022 5:46 PM in response to windy162

I have an SE, currently have iOS 15.1. I’ve noticed this issue more on the YouTube app since it’s what I use the most but it does happen with Facebook too. Does not occur with any other apps to my knowledge. This has been happening for quite some time and it’s really annoying. If I didn’t want to hear my phone ring I’d put it on silent or do not disturb etc. Nothing should override my phone’s settings in my opinion.

When Facebook is open all my calls are silenced after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.