Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop Music from automatically turning on whenever I connect AirPods

I use my AirPods to (mostly) listen to audiobooks while I'm out walking my dog. My AirPods sit next to my computer (I have three pairs). If I don't take the case far enough away from my desktop (iMac), the AirPods will instantly activate Music on my Mac and start blasting it through my AirPods. Music isn't running on my Mac, and I don't know how to stop this behavior. I absolutely, positively do NOT want the AirPods to trigger Music on my Mac and start playing it through my Airpods while my phone is next to me and set to start playing audiobooks.

How do you prevent this from happening. I've checked the preferences in Music and find nothing.

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 6:12 PM

If you want to turn automatic switching off for your Mac, open Bluetooth preferences on your Mac with your AirPods in your ears. Click the Options button next to your AirPods in the list of devices. Click Connect to This Mac, and then choose When Last Connected to This Mac. To turn this feature on again, choose Automatically.

For more info, see the 'Switch devices automatically' section in:

Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2021 6:12 PM in response to Marc Feldesman

If you want to turn automatic switching off for your Mac, open Bluetooth preferences on your Mac with your AirPods in your ears. Click the Options button next to your AirPods in the list of devices. Click Connect to This Mac, and then choose When Last Connected to This Mac. To turn this feature on again, choose Automatically.

For more info, see the 'Switch devices automatically' section in:

Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices - Apple Support

How do I stop Music from automatically turning on whenever I connect AirPods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.