Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro plays Music when i don't want to

My AirPods Pro keep playing music when i don't want to. I can't have Music installed on any devices because this keeps happening. In fact: sometimes there's an empty static notification i can't remove that looks exactly like Music, but it's empty because it's uninstalled.

Here's a few examples:

• After a call it starts playing automatically. I never want this, i want to manually open Music and press Play for it to start.
  • While watching a movie on iPad, pressing on the stem to Pause/Play will start playing music from my iPhone even though i never opened the Music app or listened to music that day. This happens at random.
  • I use AirPods in bed to block the noise so i can sleep better, it will randomly start playing music or podcasts in the middle of sleep.
  • Sometimes the AirPods will "open the case and connect" even though the case is closed (and clean).

Any way to solve this? Here's what i want:

• Music should never ever, under any circumstances, start playing on its own. No matter what. I decide to open it and press Play myself, not when it decides randomly.
  • If i close the Music app after listening to it, it should never ever come back on its own and decide to Play when i press the stem to hang up on a call.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 16, 2022 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2022 10:21 AM

Andralex,

Since you continue to experience that behavior, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support They'd be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 17, 2022 10:57 AM in response to Andralex

Hello Andralex,

Does that behavior still persist after resetting your AirPods Pro per the steps in this resource? How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support That process can sometimes help address unexpected behaviors.

Should that still persist, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support so they can look into this further: Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Aug 20, 2022 5:32 AM in response to chuckbl

After some time testing it is still happening after resetting. Just now for example I was watching a YouTube video when i got a timer notification. Getting back to YouTube and pressing the stalk to unpause the video it starts playing a random song from Music. I never enabled Music, didn’t listen to it and was, in fact, force-quit a couple days before and not touched since.

Yet somehow it played music randomly now…

AirPods Pro plays Music when i don't want to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.