Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't verify my AirPods serial number

I keep trying to plug in the serial numbers and I feel like it’s not working for the repair

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 7:59 AM

You're not talking directly to Apple here. We are just fellow Apple-product users, so none of us can send you a replacement pair.

If you have been entering the serial number for these AirPods here:

... and if they show up with a "Invalid Serial Number," then there is a chance that they are fake. However, Target should be an Authorized Apple Reseller, so they should be genuine. Regardless, Apple does not repair them. Instead, you can get replacements, either through Apple or by going back to Target.

Ref: Replace your AirPods - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 7:59 AM in response to Teejay0919

You're not talking directly to Apple here. We are just fellow Apple-product users, so none of us can send you a replacement pair.

If you have been entering the serial number for these AirPods here:

... and if they show up with a "Invalid Serial Number," then there is a chance that they are fake. However, Target should be an Authorized Apple Reseller, so they should be genuine. Regardless, Apple does not repair them. Instead, you can get replacements, either through Apple or by going back to Target.

Ref: Replace your AirPods - Apple Support

Dec 28, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Tesserax

I’ve been looking that up on Google and it basically says that that is one sign that shows that it could be fake so I’m going to look at the actual AirPods themselves to see if there are these serial numbers on those. If not then my other ones I bought them at target if you could just send me out a pair like ASAP I’ll definitely send you mine back

I can't verify my AirPods serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.