Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my AirPod Pros

Can a sound be played if you leave the AirPods somewhere and they are in the charging case? Or can a sound only be played if they are out of the charging case?

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 6:37 AM

Hello,

The sound will play if they are in the charging case with the cover open, otherwise not. See this:

If your AirPods are out of Bluetooth range, out of charge, or in the case with the cover closed, Find My won't give a current location. You just have to find them manually by looking for them. However, Find My may list the most recent location where they were last connected. Note: with iOS 15 other Apple devices can sometimes help to locate missing devices.

See this for more detail:

How to find your lost AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max

Good luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2021 6:37 AM in response to bsalo11

Hello,

The sound will play if they are in the charging case with the cover open, otherwise not. See this:

If your AirPods are out of Bluetooth range, out of charge, or in the case with the cover closed, Find My won't give a current location. You just have to find them manually by looking for them. However, Find My may list the most recent location where they were last connected. Note: with iOS 15 other Apple devices can sometimes help to locate missing devices.

See this for more detail:

How to find your lost AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max

Good luck.

Find my AirPod Pros

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.