Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Keyboard MK2C3LL/A backlight is not working with MacBook Pro on MacOS Monterey

I have a brand new MacBook Pro running Monterey and got a new MK2C3LL/A magic keyboard with numeric pad and Touch ID to use with it at my docking station. However, I cannot get the backlight to work. I tried the various solutions offered in previous threads with no luck. I have set the keyboard brightness and turn on the settings to adjust brightness in low light and turn keyboard backlight off after a minute. I've charged the battery by connecting it to my MacBook Pro. I do have Logi Options installed for my MX Master 3 mouse, and it adds some options to the Keyboard System Preferences app, which may confuse the issue.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 28, 2021 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 10:06 AM

Wow, you're right. I think the settings UI for the keyboard as well as the control center UI convinced me that it has that capability. There are some problems with the UI that confuse the two keyboards (built-in and magic) and also don't treat the Magic Keyboard the same way as other BlueTooth devices that have made working with this keyboard confusing.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 10:06 AM in response to woodmeister50

Wow, you're right. I think the settings UI for the keyboard as well as the control center UI convinced me that it has that capability. There are some problems with the UI that confuse the two keyboards (built-in and magic) and also don't treat the Magic Keyboard the same way as other BlueTooth devices that have made working with this keyboard confusing.

Magic Keyboard MK2C3LL/A backlight is not working with MacBook Pro on MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.