Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrade to Monterey, questions about purchased music

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Mojave to Monterey, so also made the transition from the old iTunes to Music. Two relatively minor questions for the community:

1. Under iTunes, there used to be a playlist called "Purchased" that iTunes automatically built and kept under the Library grouping. That playlist seems to have disappeared under Music. Is there some way to get that back?
  2. Songs I have purchased from Apple appear to have lost some basic underlying info. The songs are still there, but things like purchased date have disappeared. Anyone run into similar issues? Can the problem be solved?

I have a separate partition with Mojave and can double check this information, but have a lot of songs I purchased from iTunes and would rather not have to copy the information over for every song.....

As I said, minor issues, but I am hoping some smart person on here has already fixed these kinds of problems.

Thanks!

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 12:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 12:53 PM

You need to make a smart playlist:

Give it these rules:

Similar questions

6 replies

Dec 29, 2021 2:04 PM in response to lllaass

Well, perhaps, but I did go from Mojave to Catalina, but did not notice the issue after using Catalina for a couple of days. I then decided to move up, planning to proceed to Big Sur for a few days and then Monterey. Interestingly, my software upgrade took me straight to Monterey.

Luckily not the end of the world. If I have time, I might try to start over from Mojave to see if I can replicate the problem.

Thanks for the response.

Dec 29, 2021 2:30 PM in response to TeamN

TeamN wrote:

Under iTunes, there used to be a playlist called "Purchased" that iTunes automatically built and kept under the Library grouping. That playlist seems to have disappeared under Music. Is there some way to get that back?
2. Songs I have purchased from Apple appear to have lost some basic underlying info. The songs are still there, but things like purchased date have disappeared. Anyone run into similar issues? Can the problem be solved?

That info is all still there.

Open Music and under the View menu select Show View Options and check the box to show "Purchase Date."

Dec 29, 2021 5:49 PM in response to steve626

Steve626,

Thanks, I tried that and that's when I realized some of the dates were actually gone. I went into the underlying info for each song and purchase date had been stripped out. Odd since it is there in the iTunes library I have under Mojave. Somewhere in the upgrade process, the info was lost.

After upgrade to Monterey, questions about purchased music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.