Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no sleep icon on the control center on my apple watch 7

Every once in a while, the sleep icon suddenly appears at the top of my apple watch and the watch goes into sleep mode. I've been told that the most direct way to deal with this is to turn the watch back on and swipe up from the bottom and touch the sleep icon to turn it off. But .... there is no sleep icon on the watch control panel. I have unpaired and re-paired the watch with my phone twice and that gets rid of the sleep mode problem but the sleep icon doesn't appear on my control panel. I don't want to have to unpair each time this glitch happens. How can I get the sleep icon onto the control panel? Is it not there because I've turned off the sleep function?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 8:50 AM

Alright, I see what you are referring to. This is if you use the Sleep tracking on the iPhone and Apple Watch. See this support document about Sleep Tracking and make sure that you have it setup correctly and you should be able to see how to turn it on/off. Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 8:50 AM in response to joannaking

Alright, I see what you are referring to. This is if you use the Sleep tracking on the iPhone and Apple Watch. See this support document about Sleep Tracking and make sure that you have it setup correctly and you should be able to see how to turn it on/off. Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

Dec 30, 2021 9:07 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for the reply, Chris. I'm not referring to Do Not Disturb, I'm referring to the bed icon which is the Sleep focus. It appears spontaneously at the top of my watch face and puts the watch into sleep mode. Apparently, the easiest way to get out of sleep mode is to swipe upwards to access the Control Center and hit the bed icon to turn it off but there is no bed icon visible. I tapped on the Edit button but the Sleep bed icon was not there either. I think this may be a software bug that needs to be fixed (my watch and phone are auto updated) but in the meantime, it's incredibly frustrating to have to un-pair the watch each time this happens. I turned off the sleep function hoping that would solve the problem but it didn't - the watch still went into sleep mode spontaneously. Further suggestions? This is my first apple watch and I'm ready to return it!

There is no sleep icon on the control center on my apple watch 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.