Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change permissions on nested folders?

I have a huge number of folders that somehow ended up with no permission for me to read and write. Is there a script that I can use to change all the permissions without doing them one by one on Monterey? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 6:50 PM

Is there a script that I can use to change all the permissions without doing them one by one on Monterey?

Yes, but it is simpler for you to just do it in the Finder. You can use "Apply to enclosed items" from the ellipsis button menu in Get Info.

However, what folders are you trying to change? There are many more folders on your Mac you should not have access to than you do have access.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 6:50 PM in response to teri555

Is there a script that I can use to change all the permissions without doing them one by one on Monterey?

Yes, but it is simpler for you to just do it in the Finder. You can use "Apply to enclosed items" from the ellipsis button menu in Get Info.

However, what folders are you trying to change? There are many more folders on your Mac you should not have access to than you do have access.

How to change permissions on nested folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.