Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Can't Sync Photos to iPhone 6

When trying to sync Photos V4 (3461.7.160) from my Mac to my iPhone using iTunes Version 12.9.5.5, an error message "Cant sync because your Photos Library is not yet available."

This is rather frustrating and annoying and the only solution I can find is to reboot my computer. This is obviously not an ideal solution because one then has to reboot your computer every time one syncs.

There must be a simple solution to this issue, but I cannot find one that works and I am looking fo a permanent workable solution to this issue.

I am running macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 on my Mac.

Posted on Dec 30, 2021 10:26 PM

4 replies

Dec 31, 2021 4:35 PM in response to brian mck

Hi brian mck,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to sync photos from iTunes to your iPhone. We'll be happy to help.

There are steps available that may help resolve the behavior you're experiencing. We encourage for you to follow the steps outlined in these two helpful articles:

1. Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes
  2. If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Best regards.

Jan 4, 2022 9:52 PM in response to bryanr14

I restarted my Mac in safe mode, albeit took 15 to 20 minutes to access the login screen.

Whilst in safe mode I synced my photos to my iPhone successfully. I then restarted my Mac in normal mode and the sync was also successful.

Before we say that starting my Mac in safe mode resolved the issue, it may not be the case. In my 1st post I mentioned I had no problem in syncing photos to my iPhone if I restart my Mac before syncing. So maybe this restart temporarily resolved the issue.

I will run another sync early in February and will post the result in this discussion.

Jan 2, 2022 10:47 AM in response to brian mck

brian mck,

Thanks for getting back to us and for verifying those details. We recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to verify your startup disk, deletes some system caches and more. If needed, here's how to restart your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Once in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal and test iTunes.

Please keep us posted with the results.

Kind regards.

Dec 31, 2021 9:30 PM in response to bryanr14

Thank you for this response bryanr14.

It is important to note there is nothing faulty with my iPhone, Mac or cable connection between these two devices as I can successfully back-up the phone and sync music via iTunes.

Audiobooks and contact are synced via iCloud and not iTunes.

My issue is that unless I reboot my computer, iTunes cannot read my photos library.

So regrettably your proposal does not resolve my issue.

Perhaps it's important to mention that my Mojave software is up to date and iTunes is updated to the latest version.

iTunes Can't Sync Photos to iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.