Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to FF / Rewind when using ITV's Hub App

I have the latest version of the Apple TV device running the latest version of tvOS. On this device I have installed the BBC iPlayer App and the ITV Hub App, again both are the most recent versions available. However, when I use the ITV Hub App I cannot fast forward or rewind the playing stream using the remote.

In addition to this I see that the remote control App on my aged iPhone 6 shows icons for a 10s rewind or fast forward when the iPlayer App is being used but nothing when the ITV Hub app is in use so again I can't rewind or fast forward using this either.

Am I the only one experiencing this? I have tried uninstalling the offending application, reseting it to no avail is there something I am missing here?

--

Regards,

Bill

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 1:47 AM

Please contact ITV about the use of their app.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

10 replies

Dec 31, 2021 3:32 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks for the suggestion, but maybe I should have said I have of course contacted ITV support, they were my first port of call. When I raised this with them back on the 15th Dec I got the usual, reset / reinstall but as these didn't work I was advised on the 20th that an update had been released the previous day that should address the issue (v1.12.1). Needless to say this didn't work for me.

I told them of this and the issue was the passed to the 'Technical Team' and on the 22nd I was told that due to an Apple TV update things have changed and "I have to pause to FF / Rewind" which needless to say doesn't work and is a ridiculous way to implement the feature even if it did work.

I have in fact, two of these devices, one 64MB the other a 32MB, and I was unable to rewind / ff on a virgin install of the application on a brand new device I bought from Argos. I even said this to ITV support but they still insisted that I reset the App!

Taking my comment about the iPhone remote, why does it not show these RW / FF icons for the Hub App? My assumption is that the remote's capabilities are decided by attributes provided by the application in use which is why they appear and work with the iPlayer App and on checking Amazon Prime too. If my assumption is correct then this implies that the App is to blame!

Support at ITV don't appear interested in sorting this so I can't go back to them without some evidence that I'm not the only user experiencing this, hence my post here.

Unable to FF / Rewind when using ITV's Hub App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.