Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I swipe up on my iPhone?

Why can’t I swipe up on my iPhone Home Screen anymore to access my open tabs?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 9:57 AM

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2021 9:57 AM in response to sharron281

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Dec 31, 2021 1:23 PM in response to sharron281

I am assuming that all other screen functions and touches work properly on your iPhone. For example, Swiping left or Swiping Right is functioning probably. I also understand that the motion to Swipe Up from the bottom of the screen is not working.

Do you use a screen protector and/or a bulky case that may be hindering that Swipe Up operation?

Axel F.

Why can't I swipe up on my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.