Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect current phone number to new iPhone 13

Opened and activated my new iPhone earlier this week, and had some initial issues trying to restore data (didn't notice encryption was turned on for the backup) so did a manual setup. Everything I have loaded so far seems to work EXCEPT:

Can't use the phone to make calls - every call fails

Can't activate iMessages - says the phone number won't authenticate

Can't receive SMS messages to complate two-factor authentications for many of my apps

I have tried the solution to toggle off iMessages, power down / up, and reactivate iMessages. No fix. At this point not sure if the issue is AT&T or Apple, but I can't get into my AT&T account now because, guess what - it wants me to enter a SMS-sent code to verify my identity.

HELP!!!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 1:39 PM

Telephone AT&T from any telephone at (800) 331-0500.

Similar questions

2 replies

Can't connect current phone number to new iPhone 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.