Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off Google SafeSearch on my iPhone when it is "locked" on?

On my iPhone, I can't seem to turn off Google SafeSearch. It says "You don't have permission to change your SafeSearch setting. It's locked by the device or network that you are browsing on."

I have tried multiple WiFi networks as well as 5G but can't seem to turn off SafeSearch. It has been locked for a few weeks now. Does anyone know why?

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 6:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2022 8:17 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Content restrictions are turned off, and this is my personal iPhone only owned by me. There are no profiles installed.

4 replies

Jan 2, 2022 6:48 AM in response to Mattjj16

Hello Mattjj16,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to change your Google SafeSearch settings. We'd like to see if we can offer some assistance with this.

Based on the alert you're seeing and that the issue occurs on multiple Wi-Fi networks, you might want to double-check Settings > Screen Time. Is this turned on? If so, check the Content Restrictions settings next: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

As another possibility, is this device owned by a school, business, or other institution? If so, a profile may prevent changes like this.

We hope this helps. Take care.

How do I turn off Google SafeSearch on my iPhone when it is "locked" on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.