Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bootable USB for El Capitan

i am trying to make a bootable USB from windows 10 using Trans Mac. I am using a 32 Gb sized USB. trying to install El capitan on an early 2008 Macbook. I burned the image to the drive. it boots up says it will take 13 minutes to install and then says can't install at this time. any ideas? thanks

MacBook, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 31, 2021 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 4:08 AM

How to create a Bootable Installer Bootable InstallerAnd Can Only be performed from an Apple Computer for reliable results

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer. Example : Bootable Installer of El Capitan would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan.

If one can gain access from a friend, family member or associate that has a Qualifying Computer, that computer could be used to perform the desired Bootable Installer How to create a Bootable Installer Bootable Installer

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 4:08 AM in response to soksan112

How to create a Bootable Installer Bootable InstallerAnd Can Only be performed from an Apple Computer for reliable results

This will have to be performed from a Qualifying Computer to run the version of macOS to be made on the Bootable Installer. Example : Bootable Installer of El Capitan would have to be done on a computer that Qualifies to run El Capitan.

If one can gain access from a friend, family member or associate that has a Qualifying Computer, that computer could be used to perform the desired Bootable Installer How to create a Bootable Installer Bootable Installer

Dec 31, 2021 10:52 PM in response to soksan112

soksan112 Said:

"bootable USB for El Capitan: i am trying to make a bootable USB from windows 10 using Trans Mac. I am using a 32 Gb sized USB. trying to install El capitan on an early 2008 Macbook. I burned the image to the drive. it boots up says it will take 13 minutes to install and then says can't install at this time. any ideas? thanks"

-------

Try Mounting the Drive:

If your hard drive is not registering, then you may need to mount it. Do so in Recovery Rode. Using Disk Utility, see if the Hard Drive is seem. If it is, then see if you need to click the “Mount’ button for it. Try rebooting once more. If of no success, then click unmount button, and then the mount button. Try rebooting once more. Go Here: About macOS Recovery - Apple Support.

bootable USB for El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.