You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch’s workout app pauses during gym

I’m sick to death having to click resume and fiddle with watch strap every two or three mins during gym weight workout. I’m fed up with this, I have used Apple Watch Series 1 to now series 7. All same problems as previous.

it’s disrupt my workout routine and making me angry too.

it’s no help having auto-pauses off

additionally I noticed it is the angle of wrist on weight equipments cause goes off too which is another problem

get this sort it! You had years to fix this!!

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 3:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 3:03 PM

Already done and yes tattoo on arm/ hand… used to have it on left wrist but does not work with display always on, due to tattoos. So moved to right wrist which improve with display always on.

it’s at gym workout app using weight equipments causing this resume/pauses issues and the angle of wrist using free weight / equipments chasing it goes off.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2022 3:03 PM in response to 6x6

Already done and yes tattoo on arm/ hand… used to have it on left wrist but does not work with display always on, due to tattoos. So moved to right wrist which improve with display always on.

it’s at gym workout app using weight equipments causing this resume/pauses issues and the angle of wrist using free weight / equipments chasing it goes off.

Feb 2, 2022 9:32 AM in response to Community User

That picture is not very helpful, no matter what kind of Apple face watches, changing face Apple Watch won’t help. Today after gym the Apple Watch stopped at every 11seconds and I’m getting cheesed off with it as it’s lost counting my calories, etc. Some days work fine but more than often … it will stop half way through my workout and then every few seconds …

Feb 15, 2022 1:57 AM in response to KMFrench

Nothing solved at all.

It’s driving me mad too and get me really angry at it when I am doing weight gym workout. I am same as you spend on my watch more than focus on weight gym workout during gym workout.

i had Apple Watch each upgrade since 1st. I had to rate this Apple Watch 7 is the worst I ever had…

I felt so many times that I wanted to throw the Apple Watch into the Apple Store shop and walk away from it.

Watch’s workout app pauses during gym

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.