Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What hdmi adapter will fit a 13 inch MacBook Pro from 2017?

I have an old MacBook Pro from 2017. 13 inch, two thunderbolt 3 ports, MacOS Mojave, version 10.14.6. I bought a xencelabs pen tablet and cannot hook it up to the MacBook Pro using the hdmi cables that came with the tablet. I ordered an hdmi adapter off Amazon that wouldn’t fit the Mac. Can someone tell me/give me a link to an hdmi adapter that would fit in my older MacBook Pro port?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 7:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 8:37 AM

ThunderBolt-3/USB-C to HDMI adapter or adapter/cable.

this is Apple's entry into that marketplace:

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter -- US$69.00

Requires 10.14 Mojave or later. Its USB-A port is USB-3 capable with the proper USB-3 cables, but its USB-C port is a charge-ONLY port.

About the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 8:37 AM in response to Deedeepal

ThunderBolt-3/USB-C to HDMI adapter or adapter/cable.

this is Apple's entry into that marketplace:

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter -- US$69.00

Requires 10.14 Mojave or later. Its USB-A port is USB-3 capable with the proper USB-3 cables, but its USB-C port is a charge-ONLY port.

About the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple Support

What hdmi adapter will fit a 13 inch MacBook Pro from 2017?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.